The Loomba Foundation, the UN accredited global NGO will be commemorating the 10th anniversary of the UN International Widows Day on the 23rd June 2020 by holding a 1 hour webinar to raise awareness of the plight of nearly 258 million widows around the world.
The webinar, which will be chaired by our President, Mrs Cherie Blair QC CBE, wife of the former British Prime Minister and will be joined by other speakers to discuss the following topics:
- The impact of International Widows Day since its recognition by the United Nations in 2010
- How to help over 100,000 (estimated) Covid-19 widows worldwide
- What are the most effective strategies for helping widows?
Covid-19 is having a devastating impact on communities around the world. Widows need assistance now more than ever so I would appreciate your attendance to understand the issues they face and what action needs to be taken.
Mrs Cherie Blair will be joined by the following speakers:
- Mrs Nadine Dorries, UK Minister of State, Health & Social Care
- Mrs Fatima Maada Bio, First Lady of Sierra Leone
- Mrs Sylvia Bongo Ondimba, First Lady of Gabon
- Mr Amitabh Kant, CEO of the National Institute for Transforming India (NITI)
Date: 23rd June 2020
9.00-10.00am (US – EST)